NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
The National Council for Persons with Disabilities, [NCPWD] is a State Corporation, mandated to formulate and implement policies that are geared towards mainstreaming Persons with Disabilities into the National economy. It also seeks to create an enabling environment in which Persons with Disabilities can operate effectively and efficiently.
NCPWD seeks to recruit self motivated, dynamic and results- oriented persons to fill the following vacancies:
Disability Services Officer (3 Positions)
QUALIFIED AND SUITABLE PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
The National Council for Persons with Disabilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Deadline date to receive applications is 30th March 2017 at 5:00 PM.
DISABILITY SERVICES OFFICER
This position is responsible for providing services to persons with disabilities at the County level. Such services include educating persons with disabilities and other stakeholders on the services and opportunities available to them and how they can access them; providing disability mainstreaming awareness training in line with the United Nation’s Conventions on human rights of PWDs, the Disabilities Act 2003 and the Constitution of Kenya amongst other responsibilities.
- Carry out the presentation and disseminating of the application forms and tools to individuals, groups, institutions and organization of and for PWDs
- Undertake the targeting exercise for PWSD-CT and administer the application process for education assistance, assistive devices and services, economic empowerment and infrastructure and equipment
- Undertake backstopping of ongoing disability services activities
- Carry out spot checks to ensure compliance with laid down procedures
- Manage reception of registration and application forms, and targeting tools for disability services programmes.
- Supervise data entry clerks who capture data for potential beneficiaries.
- Conduct the vetting of applicants under the disability services programmes.
- Prepare and submit validated lists of beneficiaries
- Facilitate payments to groups/beneficiaries identified under different programmes. Assisting the local communities and self-help groups to identify their felt needs and mobilize local resources for the implementation of their development projects; assisting the communities develop Community Action Plans (CAPs)
- Facilitate formation of County programmes vetting committees who are trained to select eligible beneficiaries at the various disability services programmes.
- Mobilize local communities and disabled persons’ organizations for participation in Registration, Rehabilitation &, Habilitation Education assistance, Infrastructure & Equipment support, Economic Empowerment & Enterprise Development, Cash Transfer and Disability Mainstreaming programmes.
- Sensitize mobilized communities to facilitate identification of felt needs and how they would mobilize local resources to meet felt needs
- Link PWDs and DPOs with other development partners in the event that local resources are inadequate to meet felt needs
- Monitor implementation of Registration, Rehabilitation &, Habilitation Education assistance, Infrastructure & Equipment support, Economic Empowerment & Enterprise Development, Cash Transfer and Disability Mainstreaming programmes, advise and report on the progress
- Conflict resolutions among group members
- Collecting disability disaggregated data and sensitizing on Affirmative Action
- Participate in community mobilization and sensitization on Registration, Rehabilitation &, Habilitation Education assistance, Infrastructure & Equipment support, Economic Empowerment & Enterprise Development, Cash Transfer and Disability Mainstreaming programmes
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: -
Sociology, Social Work, Social Psychology, Anthropology, Disability Studies, Counselling, Economics, ICT, Gender Studies, Gender and Development, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
If your background, experience and competencies suit the above position, please send your application. Include your current CV with three referees, email and telephone contacts, photocopies of your certificates and other testimonials including a copy of your National Identity Card.
All Applications should be via the post office OR by hand delivery and should be addressed to:
The Executive Director
National Council for Persons with Disabilities
P 0 Box 66577 00800
Nairobi - Kenya
Attn: Chief Human Resource Management Officer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Deadline date to receive applications is 30th March 2017 at 5:00 PM.
- Qualified and suitable persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified and Suitable Persons from TURKANA county are encouraged to apply.
- The National Council for Persons with Disabilities is an equal opportunity employer.